Monday, December 29, 2008

December 19, 2008

Well, you're probably thinking what I thought; Dec. 18th I was supposed be induced, but there was no room in the inn... that was disappointing, because I was at the top of the Elective Induction list, so we thought we had a really good chance of having our baby that day. We came home that night, and my sister Harmony and my mom came to stay at our house (from Colorado) Wed. night so they could be here for the special occasion, then they were stuck here because of the snow storms, and my induction was postponed until Sun. the 21st.

That very night on the 18th-19th, I started having contractions at 2:00 a.m. Now, if you remember with Brayden I went in twice, for what I thought were real contractions, only to be sent right back home. I did not want to play that game again, so I got up walked around, tried going back to sleep, then around 4, I woke Ben up telling him I don't think they're real, because I could still walk and talk through them. They really did not seem too bad, then I got my book out and found the page that listed true or false labor contractions, and mine seemed to be false, because my contractions were starting from the bottom of the abdomen not the top, like true labor. 5: 30 came around and I called the hospital asking them, what can I do to make them stop, if they are not real. She said to take a hot bath and drink about 32 oz. of water, and if my contractions get to be 2-3 min. apart come right in, and they would find a room for me. So, I take a nice, warm bath, and had Ben time them, I had about 5, 3 min. apart and could not relax. So, finally, I told Ben we've got to go. I stand up a minute, still doubtful, and my water breaks, I still thought, maybe not really, because I went in for that, thinking my water had broken, last Thursday, and they did not find any amniotic fluid. So, then they were bad, and I hurried and got dressed, grabbed my suitcase, that was all ready for the day before, and we took off for the hospital trying to speed on scary, icey roads, at 6:45. We checked in at the hospital at 7:05, they take me to a labor and delivery room, while I'm asking for an epidural as soon as possible, and I get there, they ask me to put the robe on and everything, and I laid down, no one was coming so I give Ben "the look" and he's trying to get the nurses in by 7:10. One finally checks me, and says, "Oh, you are at a 10 sweetie, there is no time for an epidural, you're having this baby on your own, let me get a Dr." She leaves while Ben and I are just in shock, gets the Dr. on call, that is the Seattle Seahawks Coach's daughter, Dr. Holmgren! and she goes okay when you're ready to start pushing let me know, while she's getting all of her stuff ready, and the nurse is getting my IV in during a contraction, and they're like okay when you feel you need start pushing just let us know, while I'm sobbing, and I say I have been ready, let me start. That was about 7:15ish, and then my Dr. gets there for about the last 3 pushes and she came at 7:28 a.m. weighing 7 lb. 15 oz. and 20 1/2 in. long. My dr. could not believe it, I could tell he had just woken up. He lives 10 min. away, I could not believe he came, he was already doing us a favor coming in Sun. for us instead of Mon., because Mon. didn't look like I would make it in the hospital either.

So, Kydalin Aubrey Smith made it known who's in charge now. She can not fall asleep in the bassinet, she just cries, so Ben and I have to sleep with her in our arms. She is complete opposite of Brayden. We love her to death, and yes, I actually love that she wants to cuddle with me and Daddy, but that will get old, so we're still trying to get her to sleep in the bassinet, so far she's slept in it about 4 hrs. All of our families were here, and my family stayed with us Christmas Eve, and through the week, so she has not been put down, so of course she's not going to love when mom has to set her down. Anyways, sorry it took me so long to post pictures and everything, I typed most of this one handed. Ben, has made it home now from work, so love you all, I may not be able to post anything 'til oh, next month or so..... so, I wish you all the best, and hope you have a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Krystal said...

WOW!!! That is quite a story...all natural! You are amazing! Best of luck to you and when things settle down we would love to see you guys! Cutest name by the way!

Nellie said...

You are one brave lady! I guess you really had no choice though, she was coming no matter what! I'm so glad that you weren't in pain for a long time. What an experience that must of been. Now she is here happy and healthy! Hope you are feeling good too.

Ware Family said...

Congrats Ben and Aubrey!
What a CRAZY story. That is my worst fear--having a baby with no epidural! Way to make it through. Now you know you can do anything if you can have a baby pain med free and sleep with her in your arms.
Keep us updated, don't hesitate to call me or email me if it gets hard with Kydalin--remember I know what that is like!
She is sure a beautiful girl. Watch out, the girl thing is addicting, as Shane says "Sell the farm!"

Christy said...

You're so brave ! I know i wouldn't make it through if i wasn't able to have an epidural. you're my idol ! love the name too.

Hawaii